“You are welcome to learn a very simple vegetarian recipe of an unusual dish to surprise yourself or your family.” – Jamie Harding
Cook Time: 30 minutes
12 okra pods
6 baby green pattypan squash (can be replaced with yellow squash)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from about 3 ears of corn)
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (one 12-ounce bag)
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil (can be replaced with cilantro or thyme)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne
How to Prepare:
1. Cut okra crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Cut each baby green pattypan squash into 6 pieces.
2. Take a small bowl, place cornmeal and cayenne (1/4 teaspoon) into it, mix. Add okra. Toss lightly.
3. Take a sieve, pour okra into it, and shake thoroughly to get rid of excess cornmeal.
4. Take a large heavy skillet put it on medium flame, pour 4 tablespoons oil. Add okra with sauté, stir occasionally. Cook about 6-10 min., until it becomes golden brown.
5. With the help of slotted spoon, take okra out of the skillet and put on a paper towel. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Take a clean skillet or wipe out the one you’ve used, pour 2 spoons of oil. Heat it on medium flame.
7. Add garlic, squash and corn. Cook 120 seconds.
8. Add tomatoes and cover. Cook approximately 5 minutes. The squash should become crisp-tender.
9. Mix in green onions, okra and cilantro.
What to Do Next:
1. Season with pepper, salt or cayenne to taste and serve.
2. Hungry for More?
Get a Whole Book “Top 30 Quick Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes for Busy Women: Never Miss Your Breakfast Again” Right NOW on Amazon (Limited Time Discount).
3. If You Have a Question About This Recipe, Feel Free to Ask in Comments.